If you are already a Linux user [you rock] then you might love to have fun with Linux commands and its errors 😛 Just like in windows where there are [ seriously stupid ] errors , in Linux you will the errors when you mistype any command . Here are some funniest 15 jokes we get from linux shell terminal when we mistype command !
For this you need to have a Linux OS and know where your terminal is located .
- For Gnome (Ubuntu) – The terminal can be found at Applications menu -> Accessories -> Terminal.
- In Xfce (Xubuntu) – The terminal can be found at Applications menu -> System -> Terminal.
- In KDE (Kubuntu) – The terminal can be found at KMenu -> System -> Terminal Program (Konsole).
- In LXDE (Lubuntu) – The terminal can be found at Menu -> Accessories -> LXTerminal.
Now , after you finish researching on the terminal shell , open it and type the bold command [simply copy-paste] in the terminal . And you will see jokes emerging out ! Actually , these are errors but its the fashion of the mistyped command , which makes the errors pretty humorous .
Try them out and Impress your friends ;D Impress them ! And BTW Linux Geeks = Penguin Lovers .
- % nice man woman
No manual entry for woman.
- % “How would you rate Quayle’s incompetence?
- % Unmatched “.
- % [Where is Jimmy Hoffa?
- % ^How did the sex change operation go?^
- % If I had a ( for every $ the Congress spent, what would I have?
Too many (’s.
- % make love
Make: Don’t know how to make love. Stop.
- % sleep with me
- % got a light?
- % man: why did you get a divorce?
man:: Too many arguments.
- % !:say, what is saccharine?
- % %blow
%blow: No such job.
- % \(-
(-: Command not found.
- $ PATH=pretending! /usr/ucb/which sense
no sense in pretending!
- $ drink matter
matter: cannot create
Got more such command-line jokes ? WHy not share it 😀
Very good collections listed out here, i love the 2nd and 4th actually. good job.. go ahead Retweeted
This is simply osm. M not hard Linux lover. But, yeah, you have got some osm stuff in your post. Well done.
nice collections..i like the post..
bravo i love all of the commands but 5 and 6 th the most
I haven’t used Linux very much but I know a little Linux. These commands are purely very intelligent humour, I love people that know how to make those kind of jokes. Congratulations for this ! This article and reading these commands made me laugh. Excellent post, keep up the good work!
very funny dude i think u are seriously doing this on linux…………………..
Great step by step explanation of this process. I’ll have to add to my favorites.
What i am looking for i found it here
I like errors in command it encourages me to search a bit more about Penguin.
Thank you for bringing more useful information to this topic. I’m truly grateful and really impressed.
i am not a Linux fan actually but the stuff you added on your page is simply awesome.
It definitely stretches the limits with the mind when you go through very good info and make an effort to interpret it properly
% man: why did you get a divorce?
man:: Too many arguments.
This really makes some Sense
very interesting , thanks for sharing