Facebook had initially removed the Comment button and we were supposed to press Enter to comment on status , pictures , videos , notes . Now, instead of pressing Comment, you simply press the Enter key to save a comment.
More exciting, Facebook silently rolled out another new feature to edit comments ! I dunno exactly when , but I just came to know right now !
If you comment on a friend’s status update, link or photo, you can now press the ‘X‘ in the top right corner to edit it.
Your comment instantly turns into a text box where you can modify what you have written and then just press Enter to save it again.
Points to keep in mind:
- First, if someone comments after you, your comment is locked
- You can still delete it, but you cannot edit !
- Editing comment will also notify all those who have previously commented or liked the post
- The editing window might be as short as 60 seconds. Still, for those of you that have ‘accidentally‘ submitted comments by pressing Enter, the ability to edit is an easy as falling off a log :p
- Everybody who have subscribed to would still get email and SMS twice ! One for the erroneous comment and another for the rectified one .
Facebook comments seems to be copying more of the IntenseDebate features and seems to is liked by most of the people as most of the popular blogs have replaced default Gravatar comments with Facebook comment form