Apple had officially announced the iPad 3 on Wednesday 7th March. It’s a 3rd Generation Apple tablet and it was called iPad HD before announcement instead of iPad 3 but during the launch the new product’s name become simply iPad. The successor to the iPad 2 was unveiled by Apple CEO Tim Cook at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The new iPad sports the new dual core A5X processor with quad-core graphics, and a Retina Display with a resolution of 2048 by 1536 pixels (over 50 percent more pixels than a standard 1920×1080 high definition TV screen). As with previous iPads, there are two models, in this case a Wi-Fi only model and a Wi-Fi + 4G LTE model.
It’s not an iPad 3. It’s “The new iPad”
So i am going to discuss the features and everything you need to know about the “new iPad” 🙂
The new iPad is same as iPad 2 with just a couple of changes here and there . Apple has gone back to the basics and have made the new iPad look exactly like the old iPad. The new tablet has the same exact design and nearly identical dimensions as the iPad 2, though it’s slightly fatter (9.4mm vs. 8.8mm) and slightly heavier (652g vs. 601g) due to the larger internal battery .
New features in a nutshell :
New Pad 3 Screen
The new iPad features a stunning 9.7in Retina display with a resolution of 2,048 x 1,536. Individual pixels are indistinguishable and everything is razor-sharp. The only disadvantage is that because of its square-ish aspect ratio you still get large black bars when watching movies or TV shows.
New iPad / iPad 3 Size
Apple’s iPad 3 is just a little thicker and heavier than the iPad 2, but otherwise dimensions remain identical.
New iPad / iPad 3 Specs
The new tablet sports a dual-core A5X processor with four GPU cores. It effortlessly pushes games at the screen’s incredible resolution.
New iPad / iPad 3 Camera
The new iPad gets a 5-megapixel camera at the back capable of 1080p video recording and a front facing VGA camera for video calling. Only an LED flash is lacking.
New iPad / iPad 3 Connectivity
There’s still no SD card slot, HDMI video output or USB; the iPad 3 has the same 30-pin dock connector found on the iPad 2. In other words, every Android tablet out there offers easier connectivity. Of course, there are a boatload of peripherals for Apple’s tablet.
New iPad / iPad 3 Software
The iPad 3 runs iOS 5 and all the standard apps have been rehashed, refreshed or completely overhauled to make the most of that lovely screen resolution.
- Apple is bringing back the term “Retina display” which was used to describe the 960×640 pixel resolution of the iPhone 4 and 4S. While the iPhone 4 has a 326ppi (Pixels Per Inch) display, the new iPad has a much higher resolution of about 264 ppi.
- Like many of the upcoming high-end smartphones and tablets, the new iPad has a quad-core processor in it and claims that the iPad now had power comparable to gaming consoles like the PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Apple has developed a new app called iPhoto, designed to work in combination with the new iSight camera on the iPad. This app allows users to edit their photos and easily tweak color, contrast and exposure among other things and then quickly share them straight to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, or iCloud. However iPhoto will cost $5 🙁
- Updated versions of iMovie, iWork, and GarageBand will be released with a few new features each.
- Previous iPads have had 10 hour battery life and Apple is maintaining that standard on the new iPad, despite its battery draining high-resolution screen, quad-core processor, and 4G LTE connectivity. This has been possible because the new iPad is running on a battery which is a bit larger , pushing the thickness of the new iPad from 8.8mm to 9.4mm.
How to Buy ?
Apple has already opened pre-orders for the new iPad, which you can find by visiting apple.com/ipad/.
The best thing about the new iPad 3 ? iPad 2 is cheap 😀 Apple will continue to sell the iPad 2 Wi-Fi and 3G models for a discounted price .
That’s everything there is about the new iPad. Do you think it’s worth to owe one ? Let us know!