Every one would remember the Ugly MSN toolbar which was forcibly made to download without getting slightest notification unlike the new Google Toolbar . I happened to trip over the term Bing Bar and i was too surprised to find it totally redesigned version of its old MSN toolbar bringing out uber features .
Now this “Bing Bar” has been“rebuilt from the ground and operates more like a kind of “dashboard” than a traditional Toolbar with sharing and links to other social networks. The new look of this new toolbar looks flashy but still pleasing to look at than a conventional toolbar .
- This Bing Bar incorporates features from Windows Live and from the Bing search engine.
- The main reason i like this toolbar because if its user-interface that enables visual effects such as flip, slide and rollover animations, colors and themes.
- The toolbar features “flyout” content windows, which enables users to view the latest content from the MSN Portal without requiring them to move from the internet page they are currently browsing.
- There’s a button for The news, weather and sports content . Also its possible to easily customize the theme and color scheme of the Bing Bar as well as choose which MSN content buttons to present within the user interface.
The BING apps :
- Just as Google Toolbar embraces all of its services , Bing sports entire colony of Bing services Images, Video, News, Shopping, Maps, Travel and XRank.
- Bing Bar also incorporates Windows Live features such Hotmail, Messenger and Windows Live ID.
- When signed in to Windows Live ID through Bing Bar, the user gets notifications and an instant preview of new emails .
- Same goes for facebook as well as users can obtain and interact with their Facebook feeds .
The shortcoming :
Now again to use a Microsoft product , you need to have a Microsoft product . You might have got an idea that you need a Windows machine having Windows 7 or Windows Vista or atleast Windows XP and that too Service Pack (SP) 3 or forget about this 😛 Also its a bit of bulky and facebook feeds can take a lot of bandwidth !
This is what i got after i tried installing on firefox and chrome .
It sure hurts that you need to constantly go on updating your OS to use new Microsoft products .The only great thing is that its a freeware and you can download it for free 😀
So , if you have any version of IE, you can download the toolbar here if you want to give it a test.